American grocery chain Albertsons announces it is expanding its private label Open Nature brand with 12 new plant-based products, ranging from shredded cheese and yogurt to oat and almond ice cream. The new offerings join Open Nature’s existing selection of plant-based foods, and are now available at Albertsons supermarkets and its banner stores, including Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco and ACME.
“We want to ensure that our customers have diverse options, high-quality products and thoughtfully chosen ingredients”
According to Albertsons, Open Nature provides shoppers with tasty foods made with thoughtfully chosen ingredients that don’t contain unnecessary additives. The new plant-based additions include:
- Dairy-Free Coconut Yogurt in Vanilla, Strawberry, Raspberry and Mango flavors.
- Non-Dairy Cream Cheese in Original and Chives & Onion.
- Non-Dairy Shredded Cheese in a Mozzarella and Cheddar blend.
- Oat Frozen Desserts in Vanilla Bean, Peanut Butter Chocolaty Chip and Chocolaty Peanut Butter Pretzel flavors.
- Almond Frozen Desserts in Cherry Maximum Fudge Moose Tracks and Caramel Macchiato flavors.
The new offerings add to Open Nature’s existing plant-based portfolio, which includes almond milk, dairy-free buttery spreads and protein powders.
“Research has shown that more Americans are adopting better-for-you eating patterns as a means for protecting their long-term health and preventing future health conditions,” said Brandon Brown, SVP of Own Brands at Albertsons Companies.
He added, ”As we continue to innovate and grow our portfolio, we want to ensure that our customers have diverse options, high-quality products and thoughtfully chosen ingredients at accessible prices. The expansion of our Open Nature offerings demonstrates an ongoing commitment to support the health and wellbeing of our neighbors and communities.”