If you’re a lover of all things autumn, you’re going to love this fall-inspired recipe that will make you feel a little more cheerful and creative.
We found a healthy one-bowl pumpkin muffin recipe that contains fewer calories than the traditional ones and has a gluten-free option. It only requires 10 minutes to prep and 22 minutes to bake, so it’s the perfect recipe to make on a Sunday morning with the family. The best part? You probably have these ingredients on hand so no need for a special trip to the store.
This recipe calls for just one bowl to make – so the clean-up is easy. Once you take the muffins out of the oven, let them cool for about 5-10 minutes, then go ahead and top them with your favorite homemade icing, or eat just as they are!
Message From the Recipe Developer: “Easy one bowl healthy pumpkin muffins that are bursting with chocolate chips for the best healthy fall dessert! Filled with real pumpkin and completely gluten-free, these pumpkin spice muffins are the best sweet treat!”
Recipe Developer: Brittney, @the_bananadiaries
Why we love it: Pumpkin muffins are a nostalgic fall recipe that reminds you of family get-togethers, crisp cool air, and Halloween. This recipe is an autumn delight and simple to make. Everyone in your family will love the taste of these healthy muffins.
Make it for: A morning treat or a filling snack. Pack them in your children’s lunch boxes and they will be reminded of sweet fall memories.
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 22
Total Time: 32 minutes
Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
Yields 20 muffins
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour or all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or regular sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 1/3 cup water*
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup olive oil or unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line 2 cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and coconut sugar to a large bowl and whisk together.
- Prepare the flaxseed eggs and pour it into the dry ingredients, along with the olive oil/applesauce, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix together until smooth.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips and mix together until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop to scoop batter into each muffin liner about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake the muffins for 22-24 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days or freeze for up to a month.
31 Delicious, Plant-Based Recipes to Make on Repeat
Want fresh ideas for meals that are healthy, plant-based, and delicious? This free newsletter is for you. Sign up to get a recipe of the day delivered to your inbox every morning.