August 24, 2021 –
Recipe by Alexis Gauthier – gauthiersoho.co.uk
Alexis is a guest on our French episode of Vegan Life Magazine Podcast – listen here
- 1 shallot, peeled and diced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, cloves peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped rosemary
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 2 tsp chopped sage
- 24 button mushrooms, roughly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Cognac
- 2 Tbsp soya sauce
- 400 g cooked lentils
- 150 g toasted walnuts
- 2 Tbsp beetroot purée
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a heavy pan, sauté the shallot in 2 tablespoonfuls of the olive oil until translucent.
- Add the garlic, chopped herbs, and mushrooms. Add the Cognac and turn up the heat. Add the soya sauce, reduce the heat, and cook over low heat for 6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and let cool.
- In a food processor, process the mushroom mixture, the remaining olive oil, the lentils, walnuts, beetroot purée, and black pepper until almost smooth. Add an optional extra splash of Cognac to give it that je ne sais quoi!
- Place in a small glass jar and refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
- Serve alongside toasted slices of sourdough or other type of bread.