Protein Yoghurt Breakfast Toast 4 Ways
Filling and wholesome sweet breakfast toasts with protein yoghurt and delicious toppings, these fun toast toppers are easy to make and are great for breakfast, brunch or as a snack. They take 5 minutes to make and use any topping ingredients you have to hand.
- 200g vegan yoghurt e.g. coconut
- 1/2 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder or 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 scoop vegan chocolate protein powder or 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2-4 tbsp plant-based milk, as needed
- 2 tbsp raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1 tsp molasses or syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 squares chocolate
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- 100g blueberries, warmed
- 1 tbsp pomegranate
- 4-8 slices of bread, toasted
- Depending on the size of your bread, slice large ones in half and toast them.
- Divide the yoghurt equally between two bowls. Add the vanilla protein powder or vanilla essence to one bowl and the chocolate protein powder or cacao powder to the other bowl. Whisk/stir until smooth, adding plant-based milk as needed.
- Spread half of the toast with the vanilla yoghurt and the other half with the chocolate yoghurt. Top your toasts as desired, pictured here (top to bottom) are the berry jam and molasses on vanilla yoghurt, almond butter on chocolate yoghurt, chocolate squares and cacao nibs on vanilla yoghurt and strawberry, blueberry and pomegranate on chocolate yoghurt toasts. Eat straight away. Leftover yoghurt will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Notes: use gluten-free bread where needed.