This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Warm up on a chilly fall morning with a bowl of this Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal. It’s made with hearty oats, velvety pumpkin puree, and it’s filled with heartwarming spices. Plus, it’s kid-friendly and takes 10 minutes on the stove.
If you’re looking for a quick and hearty breakfast for busy fall mornings or back-to-school days, this cozy Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal is your ticket to a warm, satisfying start. It’s a kid-friendly delight that’s effortlessly prepared in just 10 minutes, making it ideal for those hectic mornings.
Its heartiness ensures that your family will power through until lunchtime, making it a perfect addition to your morning menu. Plus, it’s a fantastic option for meal prep – make a big batch and portion it out for a week’s worth of effortless breakfasts.
So, when you need a nourishing and delicious way to kickstart your day during the fall season, reach for this wholesome recipe. It’s a simple pleasure that brings warmth and comfort to even the busiest of mornings. A vegan pumpkin spice latte is a great addition too and will help get you going.
What do I need for Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal?
Just 7 kitchen staples are required to make this hearty breakfast. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Non-Dairy Milk: Almond, soy, cashew milk, or oat milk will work perfectly.
- Rolled Oats: I prefer hearty old-fashioned rolled oats for this recipe. Opt for gluten-free oats if you have dietary restrictions.
- Pumpkin Puree: Canned or homemade pumpkin puree both work wonders.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: If you don’t have it, you can use a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves to create that iconic fall flavor.
- Maple Syrup: You can also use agave nectar, brown sugar or your favorite sweetener.
- Vanilla Extract: This adds an extra layer of warmth and aroma, but it’s completely optional.
- Sea Salt: Brings the flavors together. Try not to skip this.
How to make Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
This warming meal will be on your table in just 10 minutes. Here’s how to do it:
- Add non-dairy milk, oats, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and salt to a medium pot over medium-high heat.
- Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and gently simmer for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
Who doesn’t love toppings? Adding various ones will keep your morning meal fun and tasty. Here are some ideas:
- Nuts and Seeds – Walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, or pumpkin seeds.
- Dried Fruit – Raisins, chopped dates, craisins, or coconut shreds.
- Fresh Fruit – Chopped apples or figs.
- Creamier – Add a pat of vegan butter, a dollop of vegan Greek yogurt, or a swirl of milk.
- Warm Spices – Add an extra sprinkle of cinnamon, or a pinch of nutmeg.
- Extra Protein – Add a tablespoon of almond butter or peanut butter.
- Chocolate – A sprinkle of vegan chocolate chips is always a good idea.
If you find yourself with leftovers (though it’s so delicious, that might be rare!), storing Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal is a breeze. Allow the oatmeal to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container.
Refrigerate it for up to 3 days, and when you’re ready to enjoy it again, simply reheat it on the stovetop or in the microwave. Add a splash of milk to restore its creaminess, and it’ll taste just as heavenly as when it was freshly made.
Prepare a larger batch of Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal and store it in single-serving portions for a quick and convenient breakfast throughout the week. Just reheat it in the microwave for 30-60 seconds or on the stovetop over medium-low heat for a few minutes, adding additional non-dairy milk as needed.
More pumpkin recipes to try
Did you make this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating and sharing your feedback in the comment section below. It would really make my day!
⭐️ Subscribe to the Vegan Huggs Newsletter and receive weekly recipes straight to your inbox! You’ll also receive my FREE eCookbook featuring my top 10 recipes.
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
Warm up on a chilly fall morning with a bowl of this Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal. It’s made with hearty oats, pumpkin puree, and filled with warming spices. Plus, it’s kid-friendly and takes 10 minutes on the stove.
1 Medium Pot
Add the non-dairy milk, oats, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and salt to a medium pot over medium-high heat. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Now reduce heat and gently simmer for 3-5 minutes or until thickened (it’ll thicken more as it cools). Stir occasionally to prevent burning or sticking.
Remove from heat and stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
Serve with chopped pecans and a swirl of milk if desired (see notes for more topping ideas). Enjoy!
Additional Topping Ideas: Chopped walnuts, raisins, chopped dates, craisins, chopped apples, a pat of vegan butter, a swirl of milk, a sprinkle of cinnamon, or a pinch of nutmeg.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 210mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 21g