Last month, Miyoko’s Creamery launched a three-series YouTube channel showcasing their famous Epicurean Style Cultured Vegan Butter. Yes, you read that right—this new YouTube cooking channel is dedicated entirely to vegan butter. Isn’t that amazing?
The Vegan Butter Channel by Miyoko’s Creamery
The Vegan Butter Channel by Miyoko’s Creamery showcases how Miyoko’s vegan butter melts, browns, bubbles, bakes and spreads just like animal-based butter. There will be three series available to watch on the channel. The first to air is Making It Butter & Vegan, which features notable chefs making plant-based recipes using Miyoko’s vegan butter. Next is The Vegan Butter Academy, a masterclass-type series that educates viewers on foundational and expert techniques for cooking with butter. The third and final series to air is Phenomenally Vegan, where Miyoko’s founder, Miyoko Schinner, will team up with a notable plant-based guest in each episode to talk all-things-vegan while making a drool-worthy vegan butter-focused recipe.
“With The Vegan Butter Channel, people don’t have to take my word for it—they can see vegan butter perform for themselves, and hopefully are inspired to cook some of these recipes—or variations—at home. I created our vegan butter because as a chef and cookbook author, butter is the foundation of so much of my cooking and baking, so it was important that any vegan butter I use tastes and performs up to the highest standards,” shared Schinner.
Vegan Butter Lawsuit
The Youtube channel launched just in time to celebrate the holiday season and Miyoko’s recent legal victory where they fought for and won the right to use the word “butter” on the labeling of their European Style Cultured Vegan Butter this past August. The vegan butter lawsuit challenged the idea that animal-based milk is the only way to make proper butter, and in the end, Miyoko’s Creamery proved that high-performing, great-tasting butter can be made from plant milk.
World’s First Vegan Butter Cooking Channel
The YouTube channel launched as the world’s first vegan butter cooking channel, kicking things off with the Making It Butter & Vegan series. Below is the current list of scheduled episodes.
- 11/23/21: Nicole Rucker, head pastry chef and owner of Fat & Flour, demoing Apple Cherry Pie with Buttery Flaky Vegan Crust and Crumble
- 11/29/21: Megan Tucker, chef and owner of Mort & Betty’s, making Buttery Chocolate-Hazelnut and Tangerine Vegan Rugelach
- 12/07/21: Velvet Jacobs, chef and owner of The VTree, demoing Maple Butter Caramelized Vegan Candied Yams
- 12/14/21: Justine Hernandez, baker and owner of Just What I Kneaded, demoing Potato Galette with Vegan Butter Puff Pastry
- 12/21/21: Chris Tucker, owner of Betta With Butta and personality from ABC’s The Great American Baking Show, demoing Vegan Butter Enriched Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls with Spiced Vegan Butter Cream Cheese Icing
- 12/28/21: Kajsa Alger, VP of Food & Beverage at Veggie Grill demoing Vegan Butter Crisped Potato and Mushroom Pierogi with Smoked Shoyu Sauce
- 1/04/22: Tara Punzone, owner and head chef of Pura Vita, demoing Buttery Vegan Tagliatelle Pasta in a Butternut Squash Cream Sauce with Crisped Sage
- 1/11/22: Richard Chang, head chef of Put Me In Coach and Wolfie’s demoing Vegan Butter Shallot Rice, with Chili Garlic Oil, and Sauteed Kimchi
- 1/18/22: Michael Magliano, head chef of Gusto Green, demoing Butter Roasted Delicata Stuffed Squash with Rapini, Sprouted Wild Rice, and Vegan Brown Butter Vadouvan Sauce
- 1/25/22: John Liu, head chef of Chifa, demoing Yam Noodles with Shiso Leaf Vegan Pesto Butter Sauce
- 2/01/22: Roy Elam, owner and head chef of Donna Jean demoing Handmade Cavatelli with Tokyo Turnips, Tat Soi, and Fried Sage in a Vegan Brown Butter Sauce
- 2/08/22: Eddie Garza, plant-based chef, cookbook author of ¡Salud! Vegan Mexican Cookbook, and host of the vegan cooking show, Global Bites with Eddie Garza demoing Tofu Eggs Benedict with Buttery Vegan Hollandaise and Tempeh Bacon
The second and third series are set to air within the next few months, so be sure to keep an eye out for more updates! If you’re ready to drool over all of this vegan buttery goodness, check out The Vegan Butter Channel by Miyoko’s Creamery.
Photo credit: Megan Thompson