Crunchy pecans, melty chocolate chips, and sweet maple syrup make this loaf from The Vegan Bean Cookbook absolutely irresistible. Lightly toast a slice and spread with vegan butter for an indulgent start to the day.
What you need:
3 large bananas, mashed
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup vegan milk
½ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1⅓ cups chickpea flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons pecans, chopped
4 tablespoons vegan dark chocolate chips
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk mashed bananas, coconut oil, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix chickpea flour, wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet mixture and stir until just combined. Add pecans and chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, pour in batter, and level out with a spoon. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until loaf is golden on top and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Photo credit: Andrea Soranidis
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!