Waitrose has announced its largest ever launch of vegan and vegetarian products, under its new Plantlife and GoVeggie labels.
The launch features 36 exciting new meat-free products, 24 of which are vegan, covering a variety of cuisines and meal applications.
The new Waitrose Plantlife range is entirely vegan and includes a wide choice of snacks and sides, main courses, and desserts.
Many products in the range are a first for the UK market, including the No Chorizo Tortelloni and the Crispy No Beef with Sweet Chilli Sauce.
Waitrose’s new Plantlife and GoVeggie ranges will appear in stores and online from 8th September, with more products launching in October 2021.
The launch follows research from Veganuary, which has revealed that even 6 months on from the January challenge, 82% of participants had continued to dramatically reduce their consumption of animal products.
Martyn Lee, Executive Chef at Waitrose, says: “We wanted to provide our customers with more choice when it came to incorporating a holistic approach to their meals.
“Making “meat free Monday” or a flexitarian lifestyle even easier, these new ranges have inspired us to be more innovative.
“For example, by using pulses, we’ve been able to recreate a white sauce for products in the new Plantlife range such as Moussaka and Potato Dauphinoise which rivals any bechamel sauce we’ve tried!”
What’s in the new Waitrose Plantlife range?
The huge new vegan Plantlife range is filled with a range of innovative new products to make eating meat-free a breeze.
Products under the new Plantlife Range include:
- No Chorizo Tortelloni 250g: £3.00
- Mushroom & Lentil Bolognese Cannelloni 300g: £3.49
- Mediterranean Style Vegetable Sausages 280g: £3.00
- Mushroom & Leek Sausages 300g: £3.00
- Spanish Style No Chorizo Whirls 300g: £3.00
- Crispy No Chicken Escalope 240g: £3.00
- Topped Garlic & Parsley Ciabatta Breadsticks 270g: £2.25
- No Fishcakes 260g: £3.00
- Pulled Oyster Mushroom Burgers 200g: £3.00
- Smoky Vegan Chilli with Rice 380g: £3.50
- Tikka Masala with Chargrilled Vegetables and Cashews 380g: £3.50
- Green Thai Style Curry 380g: £3.50
- Mushroom Scallop Linguine 400g: £3.50
- No Beef Bourguignon with Mash 400g: £3.50
- Moussaka 400g: £3.50
- Dauphinoise Potatoes 450g: £2.75
- Nut Roast 300g: £5.00
- Crispy No Beef with Sweet Chilli Sauce 150g: £3.00
- No Duck Spring Rolls 216g: £3.00
- Thai Style No Fishcakes 150g: £2.50
- Rainbow Vegetable Fritters 180g: £2.50
- No Chicken Samosa 200g: £2.50
- Moroccan Style Falafels 200g: £2.75
- Chocolate & Caramel Dessert 200g: £2.00
Hungry for more? See what’s coming up in the Waitrose Christmas range.